Sunday 7 November 2010

A Night With Matthew Williamson

On Tuesday 2nd November, myself and two of my friends ventured to the V&A Museum in South Kensington to spend an evening with Mattthew Williamson. In honour of his new book, Matthew gave a sit down interview/talk with Colin McDowell who is the Sunday Times Fashion writer.
I don't know about you, but first things first, I think Matthew Williamson is beautiful! He is always so impeccably dressed and groomed, there is just something about him that I find so attractive! Working and being interested in fashion means that I always find it exciting to hear about the creative process from high fashion designers, I previously have been to talks at the V & A with Mary Quant and Giles Deacon - they are always so interesting and its well worth signing up on the V & A website to get alerts when these events happen as they always sell out really quickly.
Matthew gave roughly an hours interview, talking about his early beginnings, his time at St Martins, time spent in India gathering inspirations and materials, his first meeting with Plum Sykes at Vogue...etc. He has a way of talking that I think the audience could have easily listened to him for another hour at the least. He was kind enough to meet everyone after and sign copies of his book - he is such a gentleman. I find his use of colour and print so interesting - kind of inspiring as well as I am often not very adventurous with wearing bold colours - and the book is just beautiful and captures his creative expression perfectly.
xx

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment